* Subject to individual site conditions and wind loads. Contact AWS Technical Support for more information, e-mail email@example.com
Key Features / Performance Characteristics
- Temperature sensing flow control - Utilising a patented shape memory alloy spring system the AWS Ventient™ system automatically adjusts the size of the ventilation inlet as ambient temperature changes. Two models available suitable for use in cool to moderate or tropical climates.
- Insect, rodent and ember screens - AWS Ventient™ systems incorporate a screen to guard against insects, rodents and embers. The non-combustible mesh has a maximum aperture of 2mm to comply with bushfire codes. Screen can be removed for clearning & maintenance
- Intumescent fire barrier - For further protection against fire intumescent seals can be specified which expand to fill the opening when extreme high temperatures are reached as experienced in a fire.
- Air filter - Dust and pollen filters are fitted to the interior side of the vent to reduce up to 68% of typical airborne dust. Filter can be removed for cleaning & maintenance.
- Integrated system - The AWS Ventient™ system is integrated into the window or door system which means no additional penetrations in the building envelope are required to install the system.
- Manual Override - The system can be manually closed by occupants if necessary.
- Sound absorption - Recognising that outside air also carries noise AWS Ventient™ systems can be specified with a proprietary SoundOUT™ diffuser fitted with sound wafers to trap and diffuse sound without obstructing airflow.